A Hidden Treasure in the Finger Lakes of NY for Weddings, Celebrations, Wild Turkeys, and Carmella !!
The Lodge at Turkey Trot Acres in Candor, New York has earned a national reputation as one of "America’s Premier Wild Turkey Hunting Destinations". This honor was earned by over three decades of hard work and sticking to our original game plan... To provide quality hunting, lodging and dining for our guests. We are proud of the fact that all of the hunting at Turkey Trot is the "Real Deal". We hunt under strictly fair chase conditions, no game feeders, no high fences, or pen raised gobblers. You will find thousands of acres of prime wildlife habitat and guides that know how to hunt! For more information on 'America’s Legendary Turkey Hunting Hangout'. Click here HUNTING LODGE for all the details.
Turkey Trot Lodge is a family run, all-seasons operation. During fair weather we are often the destination for folks celebrating special occasions like WEDDING RECEPTIONS. For other celebrations such as Reunions, Company BBQs or Pizza Parties visit a TASTE of TURKEY TROT..
To discover more about 'Forno-Bravo' wood fired pizza ovens and our 'Apizza Schools' please visit our EARTH~WOOD~FIRE site.
'PEACE TREE LODGE'........ Thirty Years in the Making!
Posted January 10, 2018 ~ Updated Jan. 14
As the Clare family eases into our fourth decade as a purveyor of fine food and good times, we are pleased to announce our new tag........ 'Peace Tree Lodge' which will represent the soft-side of Turkey Trot Acres.
In addition to our new look we have some exciting options for folks considering us as a destination for their special event. Here's a peek at what's new as well as some time-tested classics:
1) Stay tuned for the launching of our new website... PeaceTreeLodge.com which will feature the softer side of Turkey Trot Acres Hunting Lodge. It should be up and running soon! Good ol' TurkeyTrotAcres.com will stay right where it's at.
2) Peace Tree Lodge ~ We are a fully licensed food service establishment in Tioga County, NY. We have a N.Y.S. Tavern Permit (allowing us to serve beer and wine) and we are fully insured.
3) Our staff prepares meals and we also support and encourage the use of outside caterers for wedding receptions and other special events. If you are a licensed caterer and are interested in working with us please contact us and let's discuss the possibilities!
4) To insure privacy, we will only host one wedding/reception per weekend. This allows for optional Friday evening rehearsal and decorating and Sunday clean-up. Rehearsal dinners and overnight accommodations for up to ten guests are available with advance notice.
5) Our always popular Bar-B-Que wedding menu remains as well as a new, lighter, less expensive ( but totally delicious) wood-fired reception menu. New this year are exciting new menus for non-wedding events. Consider our 'Low-down Bar-B-Que, 'Earth~Wood~Fire' or our 'Surf n Turf Super Supper' offerings.
6) We are expanding the 'Low down Saloon' bar menu with many new local, Craft Beers (ten-taps) and Finger Lake's wines. Our staff supports and prefers Live Music at our events. We will work with you to find the perfect band for your occasion! A fine-sounding house music and public address system is also available @ no extra charge7)
Feel free to contact us now to hear more or to get first dibs on dates for fair weather season events!
Thanks for Looking, Pete and Sherry Clare
Turkey's Eye View of our Private Setting Tucked into the Hard Woods.... GOOGLE EARTH
Some Folks Say We Are We Out In The Sticks?
At Turkey Trot we are constantly exploring new and exciting ways to entertain our guests. We released two live DVD/CD Sets (filmed & recorded here) featuring 1970's country rockers; 'The New Riders of the Purple Sage' and 'The Commander Cody Band'. Check out our online 'Trot Shop' featuring our Music DVDs, Concert Posters, Custom Caps, Clothing, and Glassware! Click the Link Below.........
Thank you for stopping by and checking us out. If you arrived @ this site through an internet search please know that we do not pay for 'leads' through other websites. We encourage you call, text or email us directly for more information. Thanks.....Pete and Sherry Clare.